Thursday, June 21, 2007

What the hell is a doohickey??

Let's chill for a bit...

I've heard and read a lot of these colorful, amusing "substitution words" so-called over the past year. Seen them on blogs, heard them among friends...'know I have to get used to hearing a lot more of these as I try to get me out there to learn many diff'rent cultures. So just for kicks, here's a collection of some all-too-western expressions ( for when mental vacuity occurs? lol). You know.. when it's at the tip of their tongue and the proper word is elusive... or when they're maybe just tryin' to be playful or fun....that's when ! So here you go... There's always something new to learn somewhere. No matter if it's pure gibberish. 'Nuff said.

"I was rooting willy-nilly through a buncha stuff, looking every whichway for the dinky little whatchamacallit to fix the goldong thingamajig, but good ol’ whatsizname had put it in the hooziwhatsit, as usual! Boy oh boy, what a load of hooey. Always the same old rigamarole with that cockamamie bozo. He’s such a pipsqueak! If I found it, ka-ching, I’d be rich, which would be just jim dandy!

For the gazillionth time, the flightly little flibbertigibbit said alrighty, she wouldn't shilly shally, to do a bodaciously whizbang job on the whole shebang. That's right, the whole kit 'n caboodle, no ifs, ands, or buts about it ... no malarkey. Okee dokey, but she was a skosh busy right then, yada, yada, yada.

Yessirreebob, I usually like gadgets galore, but what with the this-and-that, and all the hooplah, it’s all topsy turvy today, ’cuz that humungous nincompoop is still in the whatsit acting like everything's just hunky dory !"

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm sorry to say I understood every word. ;)

Thanks for stopping by today!

restless_river said...

Finn - LOL. I'm getting better at it..:) So nice of you to drop by my little corner...hugs!